Support for patients
Our hands-on approach to care
We know that your needs change throughout your treatment journey. At Optum specialty and infusion pharmacies, we make it easy to get what you need, when you need it.
Why choose Optum Specialty Pharmacy or Optum Infusion Pharmacy?
We provide more than just your medication. We give you the support and tools you need to help better manage your condition and help maintain or improve your health and quality of life. From clinical support and virtual visits with your care team to refill reminders and a mobile app to manage your medication on the go, we’ve got you covered.
Whether you're a first-time patient or are refilling your prescription, we're here to help. Our pharmacists and patient care coordinators are ready 24/7 to take care of everything.
Our app and website make managing your condition easier.
Schedule a virtual visit with your care team or check out our video series to hear from other patients with the same condition.
Receive hands-on support from our knowledgeable pharmacists, patient care coordinators and others who are experts in your condition.
Choose to infuse at home or at an infusion suite near you.
What our patients say
Hear from real Optum® Specialty Pharmacy patients about living with complex conditions and their stories of overcoming challenges, focusing on their therapies and the power of a positive attitude.
- They found masses in my liver, abdomen, pelvis and lung. And the doctor was like, I'm so sorry. Like I can't help you. You have stage four lung cancer.
- Everything I need to do everything I love, has now just been turned upside down. And I can just remember this overwhelming feeling of, I will never feel okay again. And I have to accept that. This was like running into a brick wall at 100 miles an hour.
- It was a struggle every day I had to, will myself out of bed.
- I was diagnosed with CF at 12. I guess the first thing, they always talk about when they diagnosed you with CF is your mortality. And, you know, based on statistics, you know, I'm 12. I wasn't gonna live to see my 18th birthday.
- Your attitude and your mentality will dictate, I believe will dictate who wins the battle. Being a 20 year old, I just said, great. There's medicine for this. And there is a way forward. That's how I kinda got myself in a positive mind frame.
- It's really important to think positively because mentally like you need to tell yourself, you know, you're gonna be okay, you're gonna take this drug and it's gonna sting for a little bit, but it's gonna be worth it.
- I had to get to a point where I embraced that I needed help. Now I gotta find a way to make this part of my life. Not something that's on the outside, trying to, trying to block me, trying to take me down. That's a huge emotional step, is to embrace.
- And I had to kind of remind myself that like, wow, all this progress that I've made in the last two years, it is because the medicine works.
- And as long as you think positively about it, even though the drug can be hard and you're sick of it and you wanna stop and you want it all to be over. As long as you're like, no, you know, it's okay, you're gonna do this and it's gonna be okay. You're gonna be strong. You're gonna be positive. You're gonna keep fighting because it's worth it. You're gonna do things that make you happy. And then will be living a normal life.
- Your life does not end by a doctor telling you you have this. Create goals for yourself in life and just go out and do them and achieve them and just live your life every day the best you can and hopefully impact somebody else while you're doing it and live in a positive way.
- There will be good days. There will be bad days. You have to embrace this. You can't run from it. You can't hide from it. You can't pretend it's not happening. And if you take care of it and you surround yourself with really good people from caretakers to medical people, if you can get all of that wrapped up into a nice little bow and say, that's my life and I'm okay with it, you'll survive.
- Take the treatment, educate yourself and be vigilant with your treatment. You're going to feel better. And when you do, don't take that for granted.
I needed drastic steps, or I wasn’t going to live. … [Home infusion] has changed my life. It’s brought me back my life.– Judy, total parenteral nutrition (TPN) patient
Manage your condition on the go
The Optum® Specialty Pharmacy app makes it easy to request refills, track order status, manage billing information and much more. You can schedule a virtual visit with a pharmacist or clinician. You can also add details about your condition to help manage your treatment or therapy.
This app cannot support Optum Infusion Pharmacy patients at this time.
How we help
Whether you're a new patient looking for support or simply have a question about your prescription, we're here when you need us. This means you can spend less time worrying about your prescriptions and more time doing the things you love.
Get the most out of your treatment plan with personalized support and resources. A one-on-one phone call with a pharmacist or nurse who is trained in your condition can help you:
- Manage your symptoms.
- Understand your condition and treatment better.
- Learn more about side effects and how to manage them.
- Find resources related to your condition and treatment.
- Learn how to take a more active part in managing your condition.
Optum® Connections is an online platform built to help you manage your condition through virtual visits and a helpful video series where you can:
- Meet real patients with your condition
- Get advice from clinical experts
- Learn about your treatment and how to infuse at home
Virtual visits are as simple as an in-office visit. You'll meet with a clinician from your care team, such as a nurse, pharmacist or dietitian. Each session can be recorded. Your family members or caregivers can also join and ask questions. Because they’re easy to schedule, virtual follow-up visits give you the peace of mind you need to understand your medication and any side effects.
Anyone receiving a specialty or infusion therapy from Optum can use this service. Ask your patient care coordinator today to schedule a visit.
We accept all major insurance plans. This includes Medicare Part B, Part D, Medicaid and commercial insurance. Copay assistance may be available.OR
We’re dedicated to getting you the prescription you need, when you need it, your way. Contact us today to discuss care and treatment options that can help you live a healthy life.
Hemophilia and bleeding disorders
IVIG and SCIG
Parenteral nutrition, biologics, anti-infectives, inotropes and other intravenous therapies:
Contact the pharmacy closest to you. Infusion services are available in all 50 states. Check the list to find an Optum Infusion Pharmacy location near you.OR
There are some things in life that we depend on. Medication is often one of them. We promise to always deliver simple ways to get the medication you need.
We help you find the lowest prices for the most effective medication.
Everything we do centers on getting you the medication you need, when you need it, your way.
We're here to help guide you with compassionate care and a simple experience, any time you need us.OR
Find support and learn more about the services we provide.