Immunoglobulin therapy support
Optum® Infusion Pharmacy provides nationwide therapy, support and resources for people who need immunoglobulin therapy.
What is immunoglobulin therapy?
Immunoglobulin (or Ig) provides life-saving therapy for a range of autoimmune and neurological conditions. These include chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP), primary immunodeficiency (PI) and myasthenia gravis (MG).
Ways to infuse
With Optum® Infusion Pharmacy, you can get your Ig therapy in the setting that works best for you — either at home or in an outpatient infusion suite. Ig therapy can be administered in one of two ways: intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) or subcutaneous immunoglobulin (SCIG).
It's our job to coordinate your care, so you can live your healthiest life and do more of the things you love.
Here are just a few of the ways we offer what you need, when you need us:
- Provide disease-specific education and support
- Talk to you about financial support and copay help programs
- Handle appeals after a claim denial
- Coordinate care with your provider
- Provide help through virtual visits or phone calls
- Connect with a care team member to help you stay on track and limit side effects
- Offer our Optum® Connections video series to better understand your treatment. Hear from other people with the same condition and those who help treat it.
Myasthenia gravis is an autoimmune disease.
Myasthenia gravis...the term actually means, um, extreme fatigue or muscle fatigue.
And it's a disease that...some people might have an eye that just drags a little bit.
Other people lose the ability to breathe.
I'm on that end of the spectrum.
So for me it...it can shut my body down.
Um...and so I'm...learning to live with that.
My first nurse, Hallie, she...she just became one of the family.
I mean, she was as concerned about my health
as my wife or my mother or anybody was.
She advocated for me if things were bad and I had to go to the hospital.
She would talk to people that she knew and help me through the process.
And she just made sure that, at my home, when she came,
That it was just comfortable. Everything was comfortable.
I've learned that so many things don't matter that I thought mattered before, you know?
I think the new me just has a different outlook.
I appreciate things more, and don't let stuff bug me like I used to.
So I would say, you know, just breathe...
And take advantage of what they have there for you.
It's not as scary as it feels. It's not as scary as it feels.
Meet Chad, an infusion therapy patient
When Chad was diagnosed with myasenthia gravis, there was a lot to learn and even more to adapt to. But one thing came more easily than he expected it would: receiving IVIG with his home infusion nurse, Hallie.
Easy access to some of the most frequently requested tools, information and links.
Our specially trained nurses are available across the nation, making it easier for you to get the care you need, where you need it. You and your providers can expect 24/7 support, supplies and comprehensive care.OR
- B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia*
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP)
- Common variable immunodeficiency (CVID)
- Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS)
- Graves ophthalmopathy
- Henoch-Schönlein purpura
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)
- Immune thrombocytopenic purpura*
- Inflammatory myopathies (e.g., polymyositis, dermatomyositis)
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Kawasaki disease*
- Multifocal motor neuropathy (MMN)
- Myasthenia gravis (MG)
- Pediatric HIV infection
- Pediatric atopic dermatitis
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID)
- Specific antibody deficiency (SAD)
- Selective antibody deficiency
- Septic shock
- Severe rheumatoid arthritis
- Small fiber neuropathy
- Stiff-person syndrome (SPS)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome (WAS)
- X-linked agammaglobulinemia (XLA)
- and many more
Stay on top of the latest IG treatments With the Optum® Infusion pharmacy immunoglobulin (IG) continuing education program for nurses.
Complimentary continuing nursing education courses
- Home Infusion Therapy for the IG Patient
- IVIG Therapy for the Immune Compromised Patient
- SCIG Therapy: A Primary Immunodeficiency Focus
- The Complex Small Fiber Neuropathy Patient
- SCIG Therapy: A Neurology Focus
- IVIG Therapy for the Neurology Patient
To learn more or to schedule one of our courses for your team contact your IG Care Specialist in the section belowOR
Contact your dedicated immunoglobulin team: Click here to find the IG care specialist closest to you
Or contact us at:
With more than 100 years of clinical experience, our appeals team’s efforts have helped overturn eight of out 10 coverage denials and have helped more than 2,500 patients whose coverage was previously denied to get the treatments they need.1OR
- 2020 Optum Specialty Pharmacy internal analysis